Full Professor of Criminal Law in Barcelona University, Dr. Corcoy also holds the position of Chair of the Department of Criminal Law and Criminal Sciences in this University. Between 1995 and 2007 she was a justice on Barcelona’s Provincial Court. Since 1991, she coordinates and participates in the Master Specialized in Criminal Law in Barcelona University and in Pompeu Fabra University. Read more.
Full Professor (Chair) of Procedural Law at the University of Barcelona since May 2011. -Visiting professor at the following Universities: Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster (Germany), Università di Bologna and Università LUISS (Italy), Université Lumière Lyon 2 (France), Julius Maximilians-Universität Würzburg (Germany), Universidad Central de Venezuela, Universidad Católica del Táchira (Venezuela), Universidad Notarial Argentina (La Plata), Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso (Chile), Universidad de Antofagasta (Chile), Universidad Libre de Colombia Pontificia Universidad Católica de Perú, Universidad Nacional del Altiplano de Puno (Perú), Universidad Nacional de Cajamarca y Universidad Privada del Norte (Perú). Read more.
Deputy Director of Rehabilitation Programs at the Prisons Services of Catalonia
- From 2011 I have been working as a Head of Strategic Planning for the Prisons Services Directorate of Catalonia
- 13 years as a director of an open prison
- Previously 7 years as a Head of Treatment Programmes for all prisons in Catalonia and 2 years as a prison’s psychologist
- Between 1995 and 1997 I worked as a visiting professor in the Educational Sciences Faculty of the University of Barcelona.
- Between 1996 and 2003 I collaborated with the Educational Sciences Institute of the University of Barcelona as a counsellor for several educative centres in the metropolitan area of Barcelona. I have taught and advised to educational teams in the subjects of prosocial behaviour development and conflict management. Read more.
Brief summary background
Marta Ferrer began her work experience as educator in a detention centre for young offenders in 1983. She worked for 17 years in connection with the juvenile justice field, always in the Department of Justice of the public administration of Catalonia (Spain). At present she is Head of the Department of Social and Criminological Research and Training in the Centre for Legal Studies and Specialized Training. Currently she organizes initial and further training for staff working in prisons, community sanctions, mediation, and in the juvenile justice system. She participates in projects and researches in these fields. Read more.
- Graduated in Sciences of Education. University of Barcelona, 1984
- Master’s Degree in Criminology and Penal Execution Law, UAB, 1997-1998
- Master’s in Applied Social Research Techniques (TISA), UB-UAB, 2004-2006